Tuesday 27 May 2014

Holland


I don’t like the word Netherlands. Ive always know The Netherlands as Holland and I think I always will. I don’t know why it seems to have changed. What was wrong with Holland? Nothing. So why did we change it? did we change it because thats what they want to be called. If so I want the French and  Spanish and everybody else  to refer to England as England not Angleterre or anything else.........ok so that wasn’t supposed to be a rant but turned out to be one. I only mentioned it to say I will refer to Holland as Holland not The Netherlands.


The Dutch have a good squad. They have a mix of Cracking Young players like De Vrij, Memphis Depay and Jordy Clasie with experienced world class players like Robin Van Persie and Arjen Robben.

The Dutch have never won the world cup they have come close a few times including the final 4 years ago but never crossed the line to winning the cup. I like this Dutch team. So much Class running through them and the Future Manchester United Manager in charge of them. The worry I have for them is at the back. They have Ron Vlaar and a bunch of kids at the back. I don’t rate Vlaar so if he is your Rock at the back then your in trouble. In Midfield they are fine. A lot of class going forward mixed with some steel at the defensive positions.

Up Front is the strength of this Dutch team. RVP (Van Persie), Robben, Huntelaar, Depay and Lens are all about scoring goals. Im impress by Depay. The speed of the guy is unreal. He is going to be a star so is Wijnaldum who has a very hard to spell name. But I think Clasie may be the one to watch. He is a central midfield player who has exceptional passing ability. I think he is like Xabi Alonso. Not the fastest but a great passer of the ball. I do like De Vrij and Bruno Martins Indi who play at the back (that i don’t rate) as exceptional young defenders but thats what they are they are both 22 and have 22 caps between them.

The Group is tough. Ive written this a few times now. But The Holland v Chile Game will decide both teams fate. I Think Holland will go through because im convinced they are going to draw with Spain in game 1 of the 3. Spain will beat Chile (it will be close but i think Spain will be Chile) and then i think all teams with beat the Aussies. So a draw for Holland and they will be on 5 points and Chile 4. A Chile win puts them on 6 points and Holland on 4 and Chile would go through 2nd.

Star Man: Arjen Robben
One to Watch: Jordy Clasie
Prediction: Quarter Final maybe Semi Final. To weak at the back to win it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment